From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] synaptic touchpad stopped scrolling!
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 14:56:06
1 Iain Buchanan schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I can't live without my touchpad extentions (scrolling, tap to click,
5 > etc). All provided somehow by the synaptics driver, but I've never
6 > really looked into how.
7 >
8 > Recently I noticed it stopped working but I don't know what I've changed
9 > as I've been docked for so long with a usb mouse.
12 Probably the new evdev-driver overrides synaptics. If you do not need
13 evdev and can live with the normal drivers like kbd for keyboard and
14 synaptics, you can try to disable it. There are various ways for doing
15 it (google it), I recommend:
16
17 echo "x11-apps/xinit -hal" >> /etc/portage/package,use
18 remove evdev from /etc/make.conf INPUT_DEVICES
19 emerge -avC x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev
20 emerge -av1 x11-base/xorg-server x11-apps/xinit
21
22 Restart x-server/xdm/whatever.