From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Bouncing messages from gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 00:07:22
1 On 1/25/20 12:32 PM, gentoo-user+owner@l.g.o wrote:
2 >
3 > Some messages to you could not be delivered. If you're seeing this
4 > message it means things are back to normal, and it's merely for your
5 > information.
6 >
7 > Here is the list of the bounced messages:
8 > - 189317
13 Getting these messages again. They 'had disappeared for a while...'
14
15 Verizon mail server system is aweful, so I'm still working on a
16 permanent solution. Anyway
17
18 subject:: maintainer-needed tools?
22 So,
23
24 https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/maintainer-needed.html
25
26 and
27
28 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers/User_Guide#Proxied_Maintainer_gets
31 I use lots of these old packages, on old installs, and with minimal
32 (some embedded) devices. So I feel like I should help maintain some of
33 them; especially the ones I use. Many have (3 zeros) Open bugs:: for
34 R-revdeps, D-revdep and P-revdeps. So here are some questions/requests
35 for tools or useful scripts that provided some extended functionality.
38 1. Is there a 'tool/script' that searches (matches) this need-matainer
39 list vs what I have installed? That sort of quick tool would allow
40 everyone to quickly check to see if what they have/need is on the
41 poverty list.....
42 thus encouraging folks to 'adopt' some of these old codes; ymmv.
45 2. I have many old, james_created, eapi-5 ebuilds locally on my systems.
46 I'd like a way to keep them organized separately, but yet have one
47 master list to work off of. Ideas/suggestions how to organized this?
48
49 I currently place ebuilds of others in
50 /var/lib/layman. My ebuilds and codes are mostly in /usr/local/portage.
51
52 I probably should have another dir, just for embedded gentoo (centric)
53 devices..... but one master gui to easily view what code are where.
54 Perhaps distinguish the builds, the ebuilds that do not yet work, and
55 the raw C codes?
58 3.
59 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers/User_Guide#Proxied_Maintainer_gets
62 Perhaps one of the devs could throw up a quick gentoo doc, on suggested
63 tools? Perhaps the proxy-maintainers have organized the tools and howtos
64 and other info/intel, so an old, challenged hack like myself can quickly
65 become 'literate' with the latest and best methods to maintain some of
66 these old codes? I'm not necessarily up on the latest, most-efficient
67 ways to organize lots of codes, ebuilds and otherwise.
70 4. I have not had the time to fully digest git*, so some simple
71 examples, centric to helping to maintain these old codes, would be a
72 very positive idea, to encourage folks to commit to helping, beyond
73 'repoman vs CI'. Perhaps Proxy-maintainers has some examples, I've missed?
76 5. An additional column to newer codes that supersede these old codes
77 would optimize the decisions that helpers make of where to invest their
78 time wisely. Perhaps an additional column point to newer/better codes?
81 6. An additional column that points out the entries that are
82 based/depend on python2_7? Or just a parsed listing of such ebuilds.
85 Any other ideas/suggestions are most welcome.
88 James