From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] =dev-db/mysql-5.0* ?
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 14:12:05
1 Hi,
2 I did a gcc-4 upgrade on two machines over the last couple of days.
3 They are both up and running but they both have a problem where they
4 are looking for virtual/mysql-5. All my machines are currently
5 mysql-4.1.21 as it's used with MythTV and I'll need to change the
6 whole network to 5.0 or no one will be able to use Myth.
7
8 What I'm not understanding is what is asking for this package
9 virtual/mysql-5? I tried adding virtual/mysql to portage.keywords but
10 that's not allow.
11
12 How do I get around this?
13
14 Thanks,
15 Mark
19 dragonfly ~ # emerge -pv dev-db/mysql
20
21 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
22
23 Calculating dependencies... done!
24 [ebuild R ] dev-db/mysql-4.1.21 USE="berkdb perl ssl -big-tables
25 -cluster -debug -embedded -extraengine -latin1 -minimal -raid
26 (-selinux) -srvdir -static" 0 kB
27
28 Total size of downloads: 0 kB
32 dragonfly ~ # emerge -pvDuN world
33
34 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
35
36 Calculating world dependencies /
37 !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "=dev-db/mysql-5.0*" have been masked.
38 !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
39 - dev-db/mysql-5.0.26-r1 (masked by: package.mask)
40
41 For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
42 refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
43 (dependency required by "virtual/mysql-5.0" [ebuild])
47 !!! Problem resolving dependencies for dev-db/mysql
48 !!! Depgraph creation failed.
52 dragonfly ~ # eix -I | grep virtual
53 * virtual/ghostscript
54 * virtual/glu