From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: grub
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:01:41
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > > Why didn't the old syntax work? (separate partition for /boot)
5 > > kernel /kernel-2.6.16-gentoo-r13
6 > > When it worked from the command line of grub?
7
8 > Probably because you had a space after root on the command line, but not
9 > in grub.conf. If you'd told us the error message GRUB gave, it might be
10 > possible to guess the cause more accurately.
13 Sorry,
14 It gave no error at all, the screen went black and the system did nothing
15 (locked-up), like it could not find the bootsector, thus requiring it to need a
16 manual power-cycle.
17
18 The system is busy compling xorg-x11, kde-meta et. al.
19
20 When it finishes, I shall test Richard's theory and let you guys know
21 what I learn, paying attention to the various combinations of spaces
22 and no spaces.
23
24 Thanks for all the help (from everyone),
25
26 James
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list