From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-boot/plymouth could not work
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 17:30:10
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:32 AM, 张春江 <zhangchunjiangrj@×××.com> wrote:
> On 2012-04-04 15:03:56,"Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com> wrote: >> Sorry, I forgot; you also need to remove the "quiet" option from your kernel command line:> >> title Gentoo Linux >> root (hd0,13) >> kernel /boot/kernel-3.2.1-gentoo-r2 root=/dev/sda10 video=radeon:1366x768 splash rd.debug >> initrd /boot/initramfs-3.2.1-gentoo-r2.img >> The quiet option overrides the rd.debug option. Please reboot and send again the output from dmesg. > > Here is the new dmesg output.
Something is wrong. There is no dracut messages in your dmesg output, so either you are not using the rd.debug command line (which, according to your logs, you *are* using), or you are not using a dracut-created initramfs, or the initramfs is somehow corrupted. Can I see your grub.cfg file, as it is please? Also, it seems that the problem is OpenRC not creating the /run tmpfs early on during the boot process: Until that gets fixed, recent versions of plymouth cannot work with OpenRC. Maybe you could try an old version? Regards. -- Canek Peláez Valdés Posgrado en Ciencia e Ingeniería de la Computación Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-user] sys-boot/plymouth could not work "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>