From: Samuel Baldwin <shardz4217@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] 300GB HD
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 21:34:11
1 I'm planning on buying a 300GB HD from maxtor for my next primary HD.
2 It's a "Maxtor DiamondMax 10 300GB 3.5" IDE Ultra ATA133 Hard Drive - OEM"
3
4 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822140166)<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822140166>
5
6 Anyways, I was wondering if I would run into any problems with a 300GB HD,
7 and if this particular one would give me problems.
8
9 It's a 250V (I think) Power supply and I've already got an Nvidia GeForce
10 6200 GT in there, so I'm also afraid of it being too much for my computer to
11 handle. It would be my only HD in the machine though. I'm not sure if I
12 should shoot for a smaller drive. I _need_ these 300GB's though. It takes me
13 about 2 days to fill up a 40GB HD with everything, and that's just
14 single-booting.
15 I am content with switching to a smaller drive though if it is impossible to
16 run this certain HD. (Also, if anyone else knows any better deals for a
17 similar/better HD, please, tell me).
18
19 That's all for now-- Thanks
22 Samuel (shardz)
23
24 300GB Hardrive from Newegg.com: $115
25 32" HD LCD TV/PC Monitor: $1, 199.99
26 2GB of RAM: $160
27 GNU/Linux Operating System: Priceless