From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] how to read movie clip duration in console?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 23:09:38
1 Thanks a lot to all, It is very interesting, 3 excellent options already.
2
3 Francisco
6 On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Paul Hartman
7 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>wrote:
8
9 > On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
10 > > Hi, All
11 > >
12 > > Sorry for the OT, but Gentoo'ers are way above medium linux users.
13 > >
14 > > I have a bunch of movie clips and I wanted to build a table of contents
15 > > including clip duration. Instead of opening one at a time, is there any
16 > > application that I could user for a script?
17 > >
18 > > I though on mplayer, but I could not find a way for it to tell me the
19 > > duration of a clip.
20 >
21 > The media-video/mediainfo package provides this info and more. It can
22 > also output the info in XML which might be useful to you if you're
23 > building a database of your movie info.
29 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
30 and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have
31 one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
32 - George Bernard Shaw