From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Packages from overlays
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:36:56
1 On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 19:49:16 -0500, Willie Wong wrote:
2
3 > Is there a way of finding out whether I have packages installed on
4 > my system from a given overlay? I am asking because I noticed that
5 > some of the packages I've installed (such as GoogleEarth) from
6 > overlays had been incorporated into the official portage. I would
7 > like to 'unsubscribe' to overlays that doesn't have packages that I
8 > need.
9
10 I use the attached script to look for packages installed from overlay
11 where the same version is available in portage. Run it with the -v option
12 to see a diff between the two ebuilds, otherwise it just reports names.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Where do you think you're going today?

checkoverlay application/octet-stream