From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I have two sound cards - and no sound
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 09:47:57
1 On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 06:33:31 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > Doesn't matter which card I select via "alsamixer" I get:
4 > >
5 > > " This sound device does not have any controls."
6 >
7 > You could use Google to find out which kernel module is required for
8 > your hardware; or, quicker and potentially more accurate would be to
9 > set up *every* driver as a module in your kernel and reboot. The
10 > correct module will be loaded and will show up in dmesg and lsmod.
11 > Then you can deselect the rest and rebuild your kernel.
12
13 Or you can boot from a live CD that works with your sound card and see
14 which modules it uses for it, using dmesg and lspci -k. That saves
15 rebuilding your kernel again.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 What do you have when you have six lawyers buried up to their necks in
22 sand? Not enough sand.