From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New xorg.conf with x11-base/xorg-server-1.5.3-r5
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 19:02:58
1 bn wrote:
2 > Dale ha scritto:
5 >> I hope someone wins the debate soon and gets this to work and be "user
6 >> friendly". I'm about to make a fresh backup and try this again. I have
7 >> upgraded my kernel to a really new version, 2.6.25. Sorry, nvidia won't
8 >> compile with anything newer that I have tried.
11 > Uh? last nvidia-drivers needs 2.6.25 kernel?
12 >
13 > m.
18 Well, I have a old card so I have to use a old driver but I can't get
19 any of the 2.6.29 kernels to get along with nvidia at all. It barely
20 does even try to compile. It's not just me this time either. Google
21 reports that others are having the same issue.
22
23 I did get my 2.6.25 kernel to work and nvidia to compile. Now to try
24 out this xorg upgrade. Got to update my backups first tho. Not in no
25 real big hurry either. I suspect it won't be any better than the last
26 time. :/
27
28 Dale
29