From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth and KDE Connect
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 08:40:17
1 On Monday, 21 September 2020 05:54:23 BST Andrew Udvare wrote:
2
3 > KDE Connect works over wi-fi by having your phone and computer on the same
4 > network. You must run the app on your phone and it should see your computer
5 > if it is running KDE Connect.
6 >
7 > Make sure you allow the KDE Connect ports in your firewall. 1714-1764 for
8 > UDP and TCP.
9 >
10 > Bluetooth services from your phone are not related to KDE Connect.
11
12 That explains it. I wonder why the docs don't mention that anywhere - at least
13 I tried to find it and failed. The connection dialogue box even refers to
14 device pairing, which is a bluetooth term.
15
16 Thanks Andrew.
19 Regards,
20 Peter.