From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Conexant chip
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 22:17:23
1 On Wednesday 11 October 2006 18:01, millerhe1@×××××××.net wrote:
2 > It locks up everytime I attempt to query the modem. Kpp by the way. Sorry
3 > for top post blackberry only allow that. Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular
4 > Wireless
5
6 You need to emerge hcfpcimodem; run hcfpci-config (I think this happens
7 automatically by the ebuild script these days).
8
9 Assuming all of this completes without errors you should either reboot and
10 check what dmesg says, or run udevstart. Run /etc/init.d/hcfpci start.
11 Assuming again that starting the script did not reveal any errors (both on
12 the command line and on /var/log/messages) you should be good to add hcfpci
13 to your default runlevel. When you fire up kppp choose /dev/modem,
14 or /dev/ttySHCF0 (I think one should be a link to the other).
15
16 All things being equal the above should just work. The symptom of a hanging
17 kppp is probably an indication that the device you selected under the modem
18 tab in the kppp, can't be found. If your problem is caused by a clash
19 between serial devices, (IRQs and what have you) rather than you selecting
20 the wrong one in kppp, then you may need to use the setserial command first
21 to define a serial port (COM port) for your modem.
22
23 I hope the above helps.
24 --
25 Regards,