From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Inconsistency in portage automake package versioning
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 08:36:35
1 On 18/11/2014 05:13, James wrote:
2 > Gevisz <gevisz <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >>> p.s. make life easier for yourself when searching the tree. Install eix
6 >>> and stop using emerge --search. eix runs out a gazillion times faster
7 >
8 >> As fas as I remember, I have eix installed but used only once. :)
9 >> Have to re-read its documentation first.
10 >
11 > Best thing to remember about 'eix' is to run 'eix-update', periodically.
15 I kept forgetting that step after syncing, so I wrote a wrapper script:
18 #!/bin/bash
19
20 emerge --sync
21 layman -S