From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo in a tight place
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:00:35
1 On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:19:43 -0300, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
2
3 > To the question, resize is not a very "secure" operation, heh, I don't
4 > like it because I had "issues" like having to erase and rebuild my
5 > whole partition table
6
7 Resizing a filesystem doesn't affect the partition table, you change that
8 separately. Enlarging a partition, which is what you need to do, is
9 intrinsically safe, because all you are doing is making the extra space
10 on the partition available to the filesystem, no data has to be moved.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 SUBLIMINALsendmoneyTAGLINE