From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I get minimal portage-logs
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 08:56:46
1 On Tue, 9 May 2006 18:22:24 -0700, Daevid Vincent wrote:
2
3 > In /etc/make.conf I have PORT_LOGDIR="/var/tmp/portage-logs"
4 >
5 > This is great in that I can then read through the billions of .log
6 > files to see if there are any post install manual tasks I have to do.
7 >
8 > However, a good majority of them are just compilation output. I really
9 > don't need or care to see those -- especially if the compilation
10 > concluded sans errors.
11 >
12 > I just want the juicy ones. The ones that tell me to take further
13 > action.
14
15 There are two log files for each emerge, the smaller one contains the
16 "juicy" bits.
17
18 The latest portage, still in testing, has an option to save the relevant
19 messages to a log directory or email them to you. You can choose the
20 level of messages you receive; info, warn or error.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 This screen intentionally left blank.