From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] man portage (latest version?)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 17:52:17
1 On 03/17/2015 01:41 PM, James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > https://dev.gentoo.org/~zmedico/portage/doc/man/portage.5.html
5 >
6 > (vintage feb_2014)
7 > This seems to be the latest version of the portage man page I can
8 > find that is publicly published. Are there any more recent
9 > versions, publicly published?
10 >
11 > What is(are) the best doc(s) on repos.conf and epatch-user as I'm just
12 > not finding anything recent and comprehensive on either of these.
16 First,
17
18 $ git clone git://git.overlays.gentoo.org/proj/portage.git
19
20 Then, from within the repo,
21
22 $ man man/portage.5
23
24 Search for "repos.conf".
25
26 The epatch_user function comes from eutils.eclass (you can find it in
27 the "eclass" directory of your portage tree snapshot). It will probably
28 be in EAPI6 under a different name, but I don't think there's any code
29 written yet.