From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: cups-filters failing to build
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 01:26:49
1 On 11/24/2014 02:24 PM, Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
2 > Hey guys,
3 >
4 > I've been having a really strange issue with net-print/cups-filters for
5 > the last few weeks, wondering whether or not it's a bug or I just have
6 > something configured wrong. Somehow ${S} is defined as:
7 >
8 > /var/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters-1.0.53/work/cups-filters-3.2.10
9
10 You're right. That is a *really* strange error :) Where did that 3.2.10 come
11 from? I can't reproduce the same error here so I can only guess. Have you
12 tried grepping for 3.2.10 in /var/tmp/portage/net-print/ ?
13
14 Running emerge with the -d flag can sometimes shed some light. More light than
15 you probably want :)
16
17 > and the build predictably fails. Normally this wouldn't bother me (I
18 > don't use cups at all), except that cups is a build-time dependency for
19 > dev-java/icedtea.
20
21 I see there is a cups USEFLAG for icedtea. Could you unset that flag for
22 icedtea as a workaround?
23
24 A question of my own: the ebuilds for icedtea list the cups flag as +cups.
25 So far I haven't discovered a man page that explains the + prefix. Is there
26 such a man page?