From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox-bin GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 17:12:30
1 On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 18:47:44 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > >>> I was just checking out on other forums; chromium is an open source
4 > >>> and not very well maintain. www-client/google-chrome suppose to be
5 > >>> better.
6 > >>
7 > >> On what is that claim based? Chromium used the chrome source code
8 > >> with the proprietary bits removed and the same versions of both are
9 > >> available in portage.
10 > >
11 > > ...and I'm for ever having to recompile chromium as it seems to
12 > > change about once a week. Not what you would call poorly supported.
13
14 > Well the OP did say that the info came from "other forums" and we know
15 > how reliable those can be.
16
17 Exactly, that's why I asked for some detail.
18
19 > I'd trust my mother-in-law's opinion on the state of Chromium before I
20 > trust $RANDOM_ARB_FORUM_ON_TEH_INTARWEBZ
21
22 This is just a random claim without even a citation from such a forum.
23 Hell, it even implies that being open source is bad, it's a good thing we
24 have closed source alternatives like Firefox...
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 Politics: Poli (many) - tics (blood sucking parasites)