From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: locate can not find a file
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 22:30:21
1 Am Wed, 15 Mar 2017 21:41:41 +0000 (UTC)
2 schrieb Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>:
3
4 > On 2017-03-15, Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > Especially people coming from Windows or DOS have problems with this
7 > > feature. In the MS world, globbing expansion is done by the command
8 > > itself: it will see the * literally in the parameters.
9 >
10 > Well, technically, that depends on what shell you're running. That's
11 > true with the command.com and cmd.exe shells. It's not true with some
12 > others.
13 >
14 > When back when I ran DOS (and when I run Windows), the globbing is
15 > done by the shell: the way god intended. ;)
16
17 Hell yeah! :-)
18
19 Tho I'd expect that globbing done by the shell won't play well with
20 most traditional DOS commands. I guess those shells also brought their
21 own built-in commands?
24 Regards,
25 Kai
26