From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel options and udisk
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 03:17:27
1 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > [snip]
4 >> The important part is about 'if you are unsure about this, say N here'.
5 >> Well, I don't think I need USB remote wakeup or anything so I don't
6 >> think I need this but at the same time, udisk is giving me notice that
7 >> it should be there.
8 > I'll put it. The 'if you are unsure about this, say N here' is not a
9 > warning; it means that it's probably safe not to put it. However,
10 > udisks want it, so I would enable it.
11
12 Well, I was "unsure" about it. LOL
13
14 >> This is a desktop system not a laptop. Do I need to listen to me not
15 >> needing it or udisk that says I do?
16 > I suppose you connect from time to time USB sticks/hard drives onto
17 > the machine (or at least want to be able to). I don't know how much
18 > udisks depends on USB_SUSPEND, but if it's asking for it I don't see
19 > any reason at all not to put it. It certainly will not hurt.
20 >
21 > And BTW, the difference between desktop and laptop is getting smaller
22 > and smaller every year. I suspend/hibernate my desktop almost as much
23 > as I do my laptop.
24 >
25 > Regards.
26
27 Actually, except for a USB stick, I have not plugged a drive into a USB
28 port, YET. I'm sure I will someday tho. I hope to get one for backup
29 one of these days.
30
31 Thanks much.
32
33 Dale
34
38 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!