From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HAL: how to prohibit mounting certain partitions
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 08:40:13
1 On Saturday 01 September 2007, Vladimir Rusinov wrote:
2 > (I have not get help in native language list :(. And, sorry for my English)
3
4 No worries. :)
5
6 > I have windows & Linux installed on the same hard disk.
7 > In Linux I've set up KDE + hal. It allows users to mount any removable
8 > devices, and also windows partition.
9 > I don't wanna to disable ntfs in kernel, but I don't want to users be able
10 > to mount windows partition (that's a security issue).
11 > So, how can I prohibit hal to mount /dev/sda*?
12
13 Try entering the respective partition in /etc/fstab as noauto and mountable
14 only by e.g. root, or a suitable group id.
15
16 Hope this helps.
17 --
18 Regards,