From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] swaps mounted randomly [RESOLVED]
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 20:53:14
1 On Wednesday, 18 March 2020 19:02:56 GMT n952162 wrote:
2 > Incidentally, in order to debug that, I set the /etc/rc.conf *rc_logger*
3 > variable to YES:
4 >
5 > rc_logger="YES"
6 >
7 > I'm not sure why that's not the default, as it appears to be on ubuntu,
8 > assuming that similar-seeming functionality really is similar.
9
10 Because it fills up log files, potentially unnecessarily. When you have a
11 problem you can always set it on during troubleshooting.
12
13 Glad you got it sorted. I saw you were using /dev/disk/by-id directory
14 entries and thought that was an acceptable way to define devices - but didn't
15 look into it further.