From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE won't start up....
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 00:09:46
1 On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:59:13 +0100, YoYo Siska wrote:
2
3 > > .xsession-errors
4 > >
5 > > Xorg.0.log
6 > >
7 > > please.
8 > > If both are huge, upload them somewhere.
9 > > Also make sure that the permissions of /tmp and /var/tmp are ok. Had
10 > > it in the past that some update did some very scary things to both
11 > > places.
12 >
13 > Also /var/log/kdm.log would be of use (if you are (well, want to ;)
14 > using KDM as the login manager)... because it seems that the
15 > problem might be with KDM greeter or something similar.
16
17 Also the output from genlop -l --date yesterday so we know what you
18 emerged.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but
25 that's not why we do it. Richard Feynman