From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Ugly fonts on some seb sites
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:13:36
1 On Friday 27 Mar 2009, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 > > [...] Put this in /etc/fonts/local.conf:
4 > > [...]
5 >
6 > I forgot to mention that is that file is empty or does not exist, create
7 > it and put this at the beginning:
8 >
9 > <?xml version="1.0"?>
10 > <!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
11 > <!-- /etc/fonts/local.conf file to configure system font access -->
12 > <fontconfig>
13 >
14 > And this at the end (after the entries I posted in my previous message):
15 >
16 > </fontconfig>
17
18 Thanks for the excellent info. Rebuilding cairo certainly improves the look
19 with Firefox but the /etc/fonts/local.conf seems to have no effect on
20 Konqueror.
21
22 -Robin
23 --
25 Robin Atwood.
26
27 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
28 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
29 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling