From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Quoting styles
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:45:05
1 Alexander Skwar schreef:
2 > Holly Bostick schrieb:
3 >
4 >>The other joke is similar, but goes like this
5 >>
6 >>There are 10 kinds of people in the world
7 >>Those who understand binary, and those who don't
8 >>
9 >>("1" is "yes" in binary language, which only consists of the "letters" 1
10 >>and 0, and is the basis of all computer languages, and "0" means "no").
13 > Interesting explanation :) I always explained that joke, like
14 > this: 10 in binary is 2 in decimal. But if you don't know about
15 > binary, you read 10 and might think decimal 10. If you think
16 > that, than it's kind of strange to only name 2 types of people.
19 Oooh, so it's a double joke (in both binary and decimal). Now I like it
20 even more.
21
22 Holly
23 --