From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I trigger kernel panic?
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:51:08
1 On 03/14/12 14:23, Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > my question might seem silly, but I have reason for it:
5 > I have heard there is way to auto-reboot linux after kernel
6 > panic using "kernel.panic=<time>" in /etc/sysctl.conf.
7 >
8 > This might come handy as my server is far from me and I do
9 > not have any remote console. But I would like to test it
10 > and see if it works (first on my desktop).
11 >
12 > So my question is: Can I somehow deliberately trigger
13 > "kernel panic" (or "kernel oops")?
14
15 If you want to test the auto-reboot, try appending root=/dev/random to
16 the command line.