From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Is EVMS dead?
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 09:59:32
1 Eric S. Johansson <esj@××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > Eric Martin wrote:
4 >
5 >> drive. All I had to do was vgscan and vgchange -a y and I was up and
6 >> running. Actually, I too had a problem with my VG's named the same
7 >> thing. It wasn't a problem to access different LV's but I changed the
8 >> VG anyway. As a pointer for people, you might want to append the name
9 >> of your box to your VG, that way it will be (probably) unique on your
10 >> network. Also you'll know where you are if you need to do a backup
11 >> like I had to.
12 >
13 > that's a really good suggestion (appending the system name). As for the
14 > just
15 > doing a VGA scan etc., never work for me.
16
17 What "VGA scan"?
18
19 > Usually the drive would not be
20 > recognized and as far as the new system is concerned, the only useful
21 > thing you could do with it was format.
22
23 WFM. You must be doing something strange.
24
25 Alexander Skwar
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list