From: Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wireless intel 4965 howto
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 15:37:11
1 Hi there!
2
3 Is there a working howto of how to get the wireless connection to work?
4 Its a built-in chipset, intel 4965AG, and it was working with kernel 2.6.24,
5 but I fail with any kernel newer. 2.6.26 had serious problems with
6 rfkill-switch, and the only way for me was to unload the driver module,
7 switch on the wifi-interface, load module again and then it worked. A
8 little bit clumsy, but it worked.
9
10 With 2.6.27 I entirely fail to get any connection at all. The wifi-interface
11 refuses to accept any ESSID.
12
13 So, is there a howto that describes how to get wireless to work? Maybe in a
14 way so that I switch on the interface and no troubles with rfkill, etc?
15
16 Thanks in advance
17 Alex