From: Sergey Kobzar <tod.zullu@×××××.com>
To: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-user] Is it sefe to unmerge?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:09:44
1 Thanks, Alan!
2
3 Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 7:00:51 PM, you wrote:
4
5 > On Wednesday 13 February 2008, Sergey Kobzar wrote:
6 >> > attr provides extended attributes to ext2/3 and XFS file systems,
7 >> > used by selinux and posix capabilities. If you use these features,
8 >> > you already are aware of it.
9 >>
10 >> So, if I use reiserfs w/o ext attrs (option in kernel), I don't need
11 >> it probably. Correct?
12
13 > You certainly don't need it, as attr doesn't support reiser. I'm looking
14 > at my own reiser-based machine and wondering why on earth I ever merged
15 > it myself
16
17 > --
18 > Alan McKinnon