From: "Sebastian Günther" <samson@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird networking problem
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 21:00:07
1 * Michael Sullivan (michael@××××××××××××.com) [21.09.08 21:59]:
2 > I’m trying to set up Gentoo in a Virtualbox on my laptop (running Windows
3 > Vista). I’m using the 2007 liveCD image, although I’ve had this same
4 > problem with the 2008 liveCD image. The problem is that I can access web
5 > pages with links, like www.gentoo.org, but I can’t ping anything. Also,
6 > when I tried to download the stage tarball in links, it just showed me a
7 > console-graphical representation of the data in the tarball and would not
8 > allow me to download the data as a tarball. When I tried to use wget to
9 > get the data, it gave me the same problem as ping did – that the location
10 > did not exist. What should I do? The IP address of the laptop is
11 > 192.168.1.102 with the gw at 192.168.1.1, but ifconfig claims the laptop
12 > is using inet address 10.0.2.15, yet still somehow it can get to
13 > www.gentoo.org. What should I do?
16 Read the documentation of your virtualbox solution, search for bridging.
19 HTH
20 Sebastian
23 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx
24
25 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@××××××××××××××××.de