From: Nick Pappin <npappin@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rate limiting TCP connections...
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:21:50
1 well could you use wget to get the files because they have a built in
2 rate limiter so you can say 120K or whatever
3
4 Nick
5
6 On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
7 > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:21:48 +0100, gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk wrote:
8 >
9 >> Maybe I should upgrade to the latest kernel (I'm reluctant to do this
10 >> in a hurry - since I've lost my notes on which kernel options I'd
11 >> activated
12 >
13 > Copy the current config over and run make oldconfig. There's no need to
14 > take notes when the system keeps track for you.
15 >
16 >> - and it's a 'live' box I'm using on a day-to-day basis that I'd rather
17 >> not break. Doah!)
18 >
19 > Installing a new kernel won't cause the old one to break, no matter how
20 > badly you misconfigure it.
23 > --
24 > Neil Bothwick
25 >
26 > There is never enough beer, sex or disk space!
27 >