From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why firefox is so slow?
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 08:56:36
1 Hi,
2
3 On Fri, 05 May 2006 08:22:29 +0200 Alexander Skwar
4 <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
5
6 > lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com wrote:
7 > > On Monday 01 May 2006 11:03 pm, Alexander Skwar wrote:
8 > >> lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com wrote:
9 > >> > Outlook and Outlook Express are the two worst mail clients in the
10 > >> > universe.
11 > >>
12 > >> They are not. Lotus Notes beats them to that.
13 > >
14 > > Ouch. You sure you want to be handing out a judgement of that
15 > > magnitude like that?
16 >
17 > Yes, I am sure. Well, my statement is at least true reg. Notes 5.
18 > I do not know Notes 6 or newer. They might have changed Notes and
19 > made it better.
20
21 Ahem, not really better. Well, a bit. But judging Notes for its eMail
22 qualities is like judging MS Word for its abilities as a programmer's
23 editor. Notes _has_ its worth, too, and has some very interesting
24 features, namely the configurable database replication to the client.
25 Especially the offline capabilities are pretty good.
26
27 -hwh
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list