From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ReactOS with Virtual Box: B.O.D. Black Screen of (?)death(?)
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 15:42:34
1 On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 05:31:25PM +0200, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > Yep...even (re-) booting the newly created image works...the ReactOS
3 > logo apears....and then instead of the desktop I get this black
4 > void...
5 >
6 > I have not tested other systems yet.
7 > It works fine with my old computer...but that it doesn't work now, may
8 > be a coincidence in time and not necessarily a logical dependency.
9 > I can't rememember of VirtualBox or one of its dependencies were
10 > updates in the meanwhile...
11
12 From [1]:
13
14 Note: VirtualBox 5.2.38 version is highly and strongly recommended.
15 VirtualBox 6.x branch is still very buggy and unstable, causes fake
16 regressions to be found in ReactOS.
17
18 I know you often run unstable software; are you on the 6.x series ? Try
19 downgrading to the stable version currently in gentoo.git (5.2.40).
20
21 [1] https://reactos.org/wiki/VirtualBox
25 Ashley Dixon
26 suugaku.co.uk