From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] commands to show where a package is installed?
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:05:21
1 Zhengquan Zhang wrote:
2 > to be frank, it really amazes me that gentoo has so many options for a
3 > simple task. It looks really flexible. I came from debian.
7 Well, to quote a old song, you ain't seen nothing yet. It amazes me
8 that you can ask how to find out something and you get about 5 or 6
9 different ways to do the same thing. That's not even counting different
10 options that can be used for the same command.
11
12 I would urge you to check into the "q" command and equery. I !think!
13 the "q" command is part of portage. It may be part of gentoolkit tho.
14 Just the "q" command has more than a dozen different things it does.
15 equery can do a lot too but some say it has some "accuracy" problems at
16 times. It works for my little simple stuff tho.
17
18 Hope that gives you a little more pointers.
19
20 Dale
21