From: "Régis Décamps" <decamps@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo mirro rsync policy
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 21:33:46
1 On Oct 13, 3:00 am, "Trenton Adams" <trenton.d.ad...@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi Guys,
3 >
4 > Is there a policy for thesyncingof the mirrors, that would prevent
5 > inconsistencies? I'm not talking about inconsistencies with the
6 > masterserver(s), as that would be kind of difficult to have atomicsyncingbetween all servers involved. What I'm referring to is
7 > inconsistencies in terms of mesyncingwith a mirror.
8 >
9 [...]
10 >
11 > If each mirror'srsyncis not shutdown duringsyncing, wouldn't it be
12 > better if it actually was? I think we'd rather get a connection
13 > refused message, and have *emerge* try another mirror, than to have an
14 > inconsistent portage state, don't we think?
15 >
16 > Any thoughts?
17
18 Yes, it sounds like a good practice to me. I just notice it is the
19 "update portage tree" does in this gentoo wiki tip.
20 http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Providing_binary_packages#Updating_your_portage_tree_once_a_day
21
22 # sync gentoo-portage
23 2 8 * * * root /etc/init.d/rsyncd stop;emerge
24 --sync;/etc/init.d/rsyncd start
25 --
26 Régis
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list