From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to alter ./configure flags from emerge
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:41:39
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> writes:
3 >
4 > [...]
5 >
6 >> You influence it, by setting USE flags. I'd guess, that "doc"
7 >> would be the USE flag you're looking for. So, put something
8 >> like
9 >>
10 >> dev-db/mysql doc
11 >>
12 >> to /etc/portage/package.use:
13 >>
14 >> echo dev-db/mysql doc >> /etc/portage/package.use
15 >
16 > Just looking at emerge --pretend after setting that I'm confused by
17 > the output:
18
19 Me too. Seems that the system didn't get that change.
20 Please send output of:
21
22 grep dev-db/mysql /etc/portage/package.use
23
24 > Note that doc has the - sign and readline has +, shouldn't doc have
25 > come up without minus.
26
27 Yes.
30 > Then when I actually run the emerge the compile flags are not altered
31 > one whit,
32
33 Of course not. Wouldn't have expected.
34
35 Alexander Skwar
36 --
37 Men of quality are not afraid of women for equality.
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list