From: Fernando Meira <fmeira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dual-linuxdistro-boot kernel question
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:53:58
1 That was exactly what I was thinking...
2 My doubt arose when I got the following reply of a dual-boot installation
3 with Ubuntu and Gentoo:
4 "you have to use the same kernel from the Ubuntu installation for Gentoo
5 (unless or course you manually upgrade it), however either way you end up
6 with vanilla."
7 Even that this guy/girl has /boot inside Ubuntu's partition, it still needs
8 (in case he wants 2 different kernels) to place gentoo's kernel inside /boot
9 so that he can start gentoo.
10
11 Thanks for the replies.
12 Fernando.