From: "Fatih Tümen" <fthtmn+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ridiculously wide handbook pages
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 18:05:55
1 On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 1:18 AM, Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net> wrote:
2 > Unfortunately Gentoo documentation uses table layout instead of
3 > relying entirely on CSS. Therefore it is not easy to make the docs
4 > beautiful for everybody right now. But there is a simple workaround
5 > which you may find good enough. Add the following CSS rule into your
6 > ~/.mozilla/<...your profile...>/chrome/userContent.css or install the
7 > Stylish add-on [3] and create a style with the rule:
8 >
9 > -------------------------------------------------------------
10 > @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
11 >
12 > @-moz-document domain("gentoo.org") {
13 >  td.content p {
14 >    width: 40em;
15 >  }
16 > }
17 > -------------------------------------------------------------
18 >
19 > Change "40em" to anything you like.
23 Thank you very much for this tip. I use chromium and fortunately there
24 exists the Stylish chrome extension. I got it working with the code
25 you gave by just snipping the moz-document line.
26
27 When I inspect the element and check the page source I understand
28 where td.content and p comes from but could you explain what 'em'
29 suffix to 40 means please?
33 Fatih