From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wireless failure after madwifi-ng upgrade
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:01:37
1 On 6/1/07, Naga <nagatoro@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Friday 01 June 2007 14:08:16 John Blinka wrote:
4 >
5 > > rc-scripts: WEP key is not set for "NETGEAR" - not connecting
6 >
7 > Just a sugestion change the name. There might be other NETGEAR units in
8 > the
9 > area.
12 Excellent idea.
15 > Try and add
16 > proto=WPA
17 > or do a scan and add from the gui with
18 > update_config=1
19 > in the config file.
20 >
21 > else try looking in
22 > /usr/share/doc/wpa_supplicant-xxx/wpa_supplicant.conf.bz2
26 Thanks for all the tips. I just followed your original suggestion to
27 re-emerge
28 wpa_supplicant (repeating what I did already after upgrading madwifi-ng)
29 and now everything works. A mystery.
30
31 Thanks for all your help!
32