From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X doesn't work with Intel 915GM
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 09:48:08
1 Zhou Rui schrieb:
2 > 2008/8/7 Florian Philipp <lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net>:
3 >> Zhou Rui schrieb:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>> I'm using a Intel 915 on board VGA card. After I install the Xorg, and
6 >>> run:
7 >>> # Xorg -configure
8 >>> # X -config xorg.conf.new
9 >>>
10 >>> The X startup failed but there is now error reported... I cannot find
11 >>> what's wrong
12 >>> with my config, so what should I do in this situation.
13 >>>
14 >> For a start, I attach my Xorg.conf which works with the same chip.
15 >>
16 > Thank you very much Philipp, I tried your xorg.conf and modified mine, however,
17 > it still does not work, the log is as before... Now I'm going to
18 > remerge the mesa and
19 > xorg-server, hopes it can take effective.
22 To rule out a driver problem, please change the "driver" setting to
23 "vesa". That will make it use a generic driver.