From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ipv6 privacy random addresses
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 20:51:17
1 Have activated the privacy extensions on a dual stack (native) ipv6
2 configuration. A random local address is generated for each boot (for
3 eth0). I'd like to be able to change it within a session.
4
5 ip -6 address flush dev eth0; followed by /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart;
6 will generate a new random address ("global temporary dynamic") - but
7 one time only.
8
9 So the question becomes, how could I do this repeatedly within a session?
10
11 (ISTM there is a variable somewhere that limits the number of
12 regenerations allowed - perhaps that could be tweaked? Alternatively,
13 perhaps I could configure the /etc/conf.d/net script to assign a local
14 ipv6 net address using random numbers generated within the net script?
15 I'm a newbie, and would appreciate any corrections, flames and
16 especially examples)
17
18 TIA