From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: nvidia update problems
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:33:14
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 16:44 on Wednesday 05 January 2011, Peter
2 Humphrey did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Wednesday 05 January 2011 12:43:43 Peter Humphrey wrote:
5 > > These are the only values set in [/etc/rc.conf]; everything else is
6 > > comment:
7 > > rc_interactive="YES"
8 > > rc_shell=/sbin/sulogin
9 > > rc_hotplug="!*"
10 > > rc_logger="YES"
11 > > rc_start_wait=100
12 > > unicode="YES"
13 > > rc_tty_number=12
14 >
15 > [...]
16 >
17 > > Hmm. I'm wondering about that rc_hotplug line. I'll try removing it.
18 > > I put it there because I'm a control freak when it comes to
19 > > computers, and I prefer an orderly startup sequence that I can
20 > > follow.
21 >
22 > That fixed it.
23 >
24 > Thanks all for the ideas.
25
26 Interesting. Now we need to figure out *why* it was causing your problems
30 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com