From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Commenting out multiple lines in vim
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 21:43:04
1 On 12 Feb 2009, at 20:16, Alexander Pilipovsky wrote:
2 > Stroller написав(ла):
3 >>
4 >> Hi there,
5 >>
6 >> I can find numerous references on the net to this behaviour:
7 >>
8 >> In vim, you can just select the rectangular region with Ctrl-v,
9 >> then type "I#<ESC>". This will insert # in each line at the same
10 >> column. Very convenient.
11 >>
12 > ...
13 > Exuse me, but it works on my computer :) And thanks about this
14 > topic, I didn't know about this feature!
15 >
16 > I selected region by Ctrl-v, pressed Shift-I and white selection
17 > disappeared, I pressed # and ESC and got this effect...
18
19 Blimey! I overlooked the instruction to use the <escape> key!
20
21 Having recently made a resolution to take better advantage of vim's
22 features I have only just learned selection using shift-v, so had to
23 test again using ctrl-v before posting. I also tried both combinations
24 using just "i" and also shift-I.
25
26 *slaps self*
27