From: local account for liebichw <Wolfgang.Liebich@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] rdesktop can't connect to remote window systems anymore...
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 07:40:21
1 Hi,
2 I've setup my new gentoo linux system, mostly as a clone of the other,
3 but with some cleanup. As I need access to windows systems, I've also
4 installed rdesktop. BUT I can't get a connection to any of the windows
5 systems in my office! I always get the error message
6 "ERROR: send: Connection reset by peer"
7 On my OLD gentoo system, I DO get a connection!
8 The use flags for rdesktop are the same on both systems:
9 equery uses rdesktop
10 [ Searching for packages matching rdesktop... ]
11 [ Colour Code : set unset ]
12 [ Legen : Left column (U) - USE flags from make.conf ]
13 [ : Right column (I) - USE flags packages was installed with ]
14 [ Found these USE variables for net-misc/rdesktop-1.4.1 ]
15 U I - - debug : Tells configure and the makefiles to build for debugging. Effects vary across packages, but generally it will at least add -g to CFLAGS. Remember to set FEATURES=nostrip too
16 - - ipv6 : Adds support for IP version 6
17 - - oss : Adds support for OSS (Open Sound System)
18
19 So - what gives??
20 One difference: The old system runs w/ linux 2.6.17, the old one w/
21 2.6.16. If i run the sniffer tshark on my NEW system, I get packets with
22 TCP CHECKSUM INCORRECT.
23 Might that be the reason for my problems?
24 TIA,
25 Wolfgang
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list