From: Gerry Rucker <grucker@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] ripperX hangs while trying to acquire from freedb server
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 19:31:14
1 On or about Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 03:08 -0400, Denis had this to say:
2 > Does anyone else use ripperX for ripping CDs? I've been using it for
3 > quite a while and was always able to fill in the track info
4 > automatically via the freedb server. However, lately, ripperX
5 > wouldn't get any info from freedb at all. In fact, it hangs the front
6 > end while trying to acquire from freedb and will unfreeze only after
7 > it gives up, maybe in 5-10 mins, with Error 22. Still, I am left to
8 > fill the track info myself...
9 >
10 > I use the recommended address:
11 >
12 > URL: freedb.freedb.org/~cddb/cddb.cgi
13 > Port: 80
14 >
15 > Does anyone have any advice on how to solve this?
16 >
17 > Thanks
18 > -Denis
19 > --