From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Filesystem failure
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 05:46:31
1 On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 01:08:24AM -0400, Penguin Lover Willie Wong squawked:
2 > The root partition on my laptop just crapped out today. The kernel
3 > logs report a problem with reiserfs. Reiserfsck suggests
4 > --rebuild-tree, which AFAICT has a rather non-zero failure rate. So I
5 > am getting myself mentally prepped for the perhaps necessary
6 > re-install.
7 >
8 > I would appreciate greatly if people can offer me some advice/caveats
9 > of any sort with regards to my plan.
10
11 Let me be slightly more concrete. I plan to:
12
13 download a stage3 tar ball
14 unroll the tar ball on my ex-root partition
15 (follow the handbook)
16 chroot
17 emerge --sync
18 copy over my /etc from my backups
19 rebuild toolchain
20 mount my /var partition
21 emerge -e world
22
23 Is there any obvious flaws in that?
24
25 W
26 --
27 I have a speech impediment... my foot.
28 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 104 days, 3:55
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list