From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and kernel developers cooperating to turn it into a global cgroup manager?
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:10:43
1 On Oct 21, 2013 7:01 PM, "Tanstaafl" <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 2013-10-21 6:48 AM, Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Again. This power is overstated and overtrusted. As for "rip it out at
6 >> its roots" he has no ability to do that, only refuse to merge it in
7 >> his tree.
10 > Which I believe is a much bigger deal than you seem to think.
13 >> But that's only if he bothers to read it. With all the other
14 >> stuff he's working on, he signs off less commits than all the other
15 >> maintainers do.
18 > <sigh> irrelevant, because I was talking about something that was
19 discovered *after* it was merged... obviously, if something is merged that
20 creates a problem (or loud complaints, or whatever), at *that* point he
21 will certainly take the time to 'read it' and decide if there is anything
22 to it...
25 Read the management style doc. Seriously, it describes the kernel's outlook
26 on mistakes.
27
28 Ostracization and talk of severing limbs like cancer tumors, as is often
29 brought up by tinfoilers here, is not how it works. Code talks. Bad, hard
30 to maintain code is its own insult.