From: Anthony Roy <aroy@××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Enabling Mutt with SSL for IMAP
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:55:42
1 Hi all,
2
3 I am trying to set up mutt to access an IMAP account via SSL. Now I
4 set the 'ssl' USE flag before emerging mutt, but entering > mutt -v I
5 get the outpu at the bottom of this post.
6
7 Note in particular the -USE_SSL flag indicating that mutt has been
8 built without SSL support. Are there any other USE flags other than
9 'ssl' that need setting to enable SSL in mutt?
10
11 More generally, how do I find out the relationship between the portage
12 use flags and a packages compile options?
13
14 #--------------- mutt -v output -------------------------------
15 Copyright (C) 1996-2002 Michael R. Elkins and others.
16 Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
17 Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
18 under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.
19
20 System: Linux 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 (i686) [using ncurses 5.4]
21 Compile options:
22 -DOMAIN
23 -DEBUG
24 +HOMESPOOL -USE_SETGID +USE_DOTLOCK +DL_STANDALONE
25 -USE_FCNTL +USE_FLOCK -USE_INODESORT
26 +USE_POP +USE_IMAP -USE_GSS -USE_SSL +USE_GNUTLS -USE_SASL
27 -HAVE_REGCOMP +USE_GNU_REGEX +COMPRESSED
28 +HAVE_COLOR +HAVE_START_COLOR +HAVE_TYPEAHEAD +HAVE_BKGDSET
29 +HAVE_CURS_SET +HAVE_META +HAVE_RESIZETERM
30 +CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_PGP -CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_SMIME
31 -CRYPT_BACKEND_GPGME -BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS -SUN_ATTACHMENT
32 +ENABLE_NLS -LOCALES_HACK +HAVE_WC_FUNCS +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET
33 +HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
34 +HAVE_ICONV -ICONV_NONTRANS -HAVE_LIBIDN +HAVE_GETSID
35 +HAVE_GETADDRINFO +USE_HCACHE
36 -ISPELL
37 SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
38 MAILPATH="Maildir"
39 PKGDATADIR="/usr/share/mutt"
40 SYSCONFDIR="/etc/mutt"
41 EXECSHELL="/bin/sh"
42 MIXMASTER="mixmaster"
43 To contact the developers, please mail to <mutt-dev@××××.org>.
44 To report a bug, please use the flea(1) utility.
45
46 patch-1.5.6.dw.pgp-timeout.1
47 patch-1.5.6.dw.mbox-hook.1
48 rr.compressed
49 patch-1.5.4.lpr.collapse_flagged Lukas P. Ruf <lukas.ruf@×××.ch>
50 patch-1.5.10.tt.assumed_charset.1
53
54 Thanks,
55
56 Anthony Roy.
59 This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of HPI Limited. If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify postmaster@×××××××××.This message has been scanned by Anti-Virus. Recipients are advised to apply their own virus checks to this message on delivery.
63 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list