From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge-fetch.log not always updating
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 22:19:33
1 Andrey F. wrote:
2 > Can you reproduce by manually curling it?
5 I had to look up curl to see if I even have it installed.  I've seen it
6 mentioned but no idea what it is but it is installed here.  I'm not
7 worried about the server that was slow since I removed it.  I think it
8 was easylist or something.  Maybe it was having a bad day, something
9 slowing things down between me and it.  Either way, it doesn't matter.
10 What I'm wondering, why doesn't the log file get updated when I have to
11 restart a fetch?  It fetches fine but emerge doesn't update the logs on
12 second attempts.  I've noticed this in the past but thought it was just
13 me hitting some sort of glitch.  Thing is, I noticed it not updating
14 several months ago and it still doesn't update on second attempts.
15 There has to be more to this.  It seems emerge has developed a bug or
16 some nifty new feature that prevents logs from being updated.  ;-)
17
18 I might add, on occasion I have to switch servers.  They are fast and
19 work fine for sometimes years and then slow down or stop working
20 completely.  Me and the mirrorselect tool are pretty good friends.  I
21 even had to switch sync servers a while back.  It got to where it was
22 slow and then just plain stopped.  I think it stopped hosting Gentoo
23 stuff.  The site was up and all but nothing Gentoo anymore.
24
25 Still curious about emerge-fetch.log not being updated on second
26 attempts tho.
27
28 Dale
29