From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] vsftpd anonymous upload illegal PORT command
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 12:13:30
1 I'm trying to upload files from an OS/2 VM in machine A to anononymous
2 upload on another machine on my home LAN. I'm using the allegedly "very
3 simple" ftpd and getting nowhere, and Google isn't helping. To simplify
4 things, I built vsftpd without ssl, and iptables is off on both
5 machines. I don't think it's related to PASV, because the ancient ftp
6 client on the OS/2 VM doesn't understand the "ftp -p" option. My
7 /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf file is...
8
9 listen=YES
10 local_enable=NO
11 anonymous_enable=YES
12 anon_upload_enable=YES
13 write_enable=YES
14 anon_mkdir_write_enable=YES
15 anon_root=/home/ftp
16 pasv_enable=YES
17 pasv_min_port=30000
18 pasv_max_port=30100
19 port_enable=YES
20 allow_writeable_chroot=YES
21
22 I successfully log in as user "anonymous", password "anonymous",
23 execute "bin". When I try uploading a file, I get the 500 PORT error.
24 Anybody have a working config? Or another simpler ftpd server?
27 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
28 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications